We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
THEDeep-fried donuts, along with donuts and bignole, are godsevergreenwhich are now found at any time of the year. At one time, iDeep-fried donuts(stuffed with nutella or in the classic version ofCream Bomboloni) were a typical dessert of the Carnival period. From typical dessert, tostreet food, yes, because walking through the narrow streets of Naples and, more generally, the South of Italy, there are many kiosks offeringDeep-fried donuts to eat on the spot, one bite after another!
OfDeep-fried donutsthere are two versions, the classicsDeep-fried donutswith flour or, the softer and more delicate version, that ofpotato donuts. Let's see both versions, starting with theclassic recipe.
How to make fried donuts: original recipe and variant of potato donuts. Tips on how to fill donuts, with cream, Nutella or fruit jams.
Fried donuts: recipe
Donuts with cream or donuts with Nutella?
Make your choice. The procedure does not change and neither do the doses. Here are the ingredients you need to prepare fried donuts with cream or Nutella.
- 500 gr of Manitoba flour (American flour) + flour for the work surface
- 75 grams of sugar for the dough
- 100 gr of powdered sugar to cover the Deep-fried donuts(optional)
- 250 ml of milk
- 20 gr of brewer's yeast
- 75 gr of soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 orange (better if organic, you will need to use the grated zest)
- a pinch of salt
- 400 gr ofcream or nutella
- Seed oil for frying
Here's how to do itDeep-fried donutswith therecipeoriginal:
- Dissolve the yeast in 100ml of milk at room temperature.
- To speed up fermentation, add a pinch of the sugar required for the dough to the milk.
- Meanwhile, arrange the flour in a heap, or, if you don't want to get too dirty, pour the flour into a large bowl and make a central hole.
- Add the egg, the softened butter into small pieces, the grated orange zest and ... gradually, add the milk, starting to mix all the ingredients.
- Mix well until it forms a smooth, well-worked ball. Cover the mixture with a kitchen towel and dobump up, in the fridge, for the whole night.
- Take the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin until you get a sheet of about 1 cm high.
- With a 5 cm diameter pastry cutter (or a cup with a similar diameter!) Obtain many pieces of dough. Be careful to get as many floppies as possible.
- With the leftover dough, roll out a new sheet to obtain more discs.
- Arrange the discs on a floured surface and let rise for another 40-50 minutes. This second leavening is essential to havesoft fried donuts and puffy, which remain soft even cold, after frying.
- Aside, heat up plenty of oil for frying.
- Fry thedonutsturning them with a slotted spoon until all surfaces are golden.
- Move them to absorbent paper, dry them and pass them in sugar.
- Now, with a pastry bag fitted with a long nozzle, you'll need to stuff eachfried donutusing thecreamor theNutella.
Yeah, iCream Bombolonithey can be prepared together withdonuts with nutella, both the filling takes place later, after cooking. Maybe, to distinguish them, those with Nutella do not pass them in sugar.
As stated, when it comes toDeep-fried donutsreference is not made only to the classic donuts prepared with soft wheat flour. THEpotato donutsthey are softer and have a more distinctive flavor. For the recipe, follow the ingredients and the procedure seen in the article dedicated topotato donuts, yes, even if the shape changes, the dough is the same. For the recipe ofpotato donuts: potato donuts.
The same recipe can be used to make i fried potato donuts, instead of making rolls to roll out and then join in a ring, you will have to make discs that you will then go to fry stuffed. Again, istuffed donutsare obtained by addingcream, jams orNutellaonly after frying.
How many calories do fried donuts have? 270 kcal for the version ofdonuts filled with cream or nutella, only 180 kcal per serving if you choose to make them filled with a natural raspberry jam, without added sugar.